Pumpkin cupcakes, there isn’t anything in which you can’t incorporate pumpkins and make it more luxurious. Cupcakes are everyone’s favorite but have you ever tried pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon frosting?
They are so mouth-watering and succulent that one couldn’t say no to them. Pumpkin cupcakes have flavorings of ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg. Pumpkin cupcakes can be the eye-catcher of the dessert table at any celebration may it be thanksgiving or a birthday party. The best thing about pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon frosting is they are non-seasonal; you can bake them and enjoy them at any time of the year.
The cinnamon frosting is what makes the cupcakes unique and makes them stand out of crowd. You barely need 4 or 5 ingredients to make it and make your cupcakes look tempting with some colorful sprinkles.
The moist and soft cupcakes will softly melt in your mouth and couldn’t make you have just one of them. This recipe of ours will last for you up to 3 to 4 days, you can easily store them in the refrigerator and enjoy them later on. Try out this new recipe of ours to make your homemade pumpkin cupcakes in a maximum of 40 minutes.
- 11/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 11/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs, sugars, pumpkin, and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture 1/2 at a time alternating with 1/2 of the milk.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting by mixing the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Beat in the powdered sugar about1/2 at a time. If the frosting seems too thick, add in the heavy cream 1tablespoon at a time.
- Pipe the frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use a spoon for adding flour to the measuring cup
Don’t add flour to the measuring cup direct from the container. Use a spoon to add flour into your measuring cup for getting the exact measurement.
Use Pumpkin Puree
Prefer using pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling. Remember, pumpkin puree is the real hero of this recipe.
Use Brick of Cream Cheese
Always prefer using a brick of cream cheese for making frosting instead of cheese spread tub.
Customization for Other Variation of Pumpkin Cupcakes
Add Nuts- You may top your frosting with your favorite nuts or also add them to the batter before baking.
Add Chocolate chips- Top your frosted cupcakes with chocolate chips or melted chocolate. You may also add them to the batter before baking for enjoying the taste of chocolate in every bite of pumpkin cupcakes.
Add Apple sauce– If you want to cut down the calories of your cupcakes, add applesauce to the batter and half the amount of oil to your recipe.
Add Dried Fruits– Add dried cranberries or blueberries to the batter to give the burst of fruits to the cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to refrigerate these cupcakes?
If you haven’t frosted them, then you can store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for two days. But, if you have frosted them, then refrigerate them in an air-tight container.
Do I use pumpkin pie filling in these cupcakes?
Try to use pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie, because it is sweet and contains spices.
How to freeze these pumpkin cupcakes and frosting?
Freeze these cupcakes and frost in an air-tight container or some zip lock bag for up to two to three months. Before serving, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and then pipe the frosting over the cupcake and top with your favorite nuts and candies.
Do I substitute cream cheese with buttercream for making frosting?
Yes, if you want buttercream instead of cream cheese, go for it. To make your buttercream frosting more tempting, top it with a little maple extract.
Leave a Reply