Bread is a must in breakfasts, in every household. But eating the same kind of dull and flavorless slices of bread every day might get monotonous. Ever thought of making pumpkin bread for breakfast?
Sounds new and fresh? Trying new things to eat is on the bucket list of every individual. The moist and soft pumpkin bread comes with the texture of the cake. It is a simple and fast-forward recipe that can be made eggless too, fresh fruit puree can be the egg replacement.
You can cook them at once and keep using them for a week or two, no need to make them every day. Pumpkin bread is the healthiest breakfast for kids also, its cinnamon and nutmeg flavors make kids drool over it. You can use whole-wheat or all-purpose flour according to your choice for making pumpkin bread. It is the healthiest breakfast of all time, eat them with smoothies, or fresh fruits, more sweeten the day starts sweeter it goes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position.
- Generously grease a loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended.
- Add the egg.
- Continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until combined.
- Cook for 60-75 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
– You may choose pumpkin pie spice as an alternative to cloves and nutmeg. Don’t forget to add cinnamon to the pumpkin pie spice.
– Add a little bit of orange to give a citrus flavor to it and it will soften the bread.
– Add chocolate chips to the mixture before baking, because pumpkin and chocolate are a great combination.
LET IT COOL DOWN
– Let the cake cool down before cutting it into pieces, if you cut it right after baking; the pieces will fall apart.
DRIED NUTS AND FRUITS
– You may also try adding dried nuts and fruits to the mixture.
– To make it extra healthier, add pumpkin seeds to the mixture before baking. It will add more nutritious value to the bread.
– You may also substitute eggs with flax eggs.
– If you want, you may substitute all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour.
-The bread can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Once it is completely cool down, cover it or wrap it with a freezer bag or aluminum foil.
– Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to find that pumpkin bread is done or not?
Over baking will make your bread dry and dense. So, insert a toothpick in the center of the bread, if it comes out dry, your bread is ready to remove from the oven. There is one more sign to depict your bread is ready or not, the edges will turn brown and comes outside the pan.
How to prevent the sinking of pumpkin bread from the middle?
Cover the pan with aluminum foil during the last twenty minutes of baking. It will ensure that the middle portion will cook perfectly without burning the top.
How to store pumpkin bread without losing its moisture?
Wrap the bread from every side with a plastic bag or aluminum foil and place it in some high-quality air-tight container. Place it in the freezer for up to two-three months.
How to double this recipe?
Just double every ingredient. If you have two baking pans, that will be awesome. But if you have one pan, don’t worry. Bake first portion first and till the time refrigerate the second portion of batter. Once you are done with one, bake the second portion the same as the first one.
Why use melted or softened butter?
Because melted butter will give a cake-like texture to your bread. Whisk melted butter and sugar together until the mixture becomes fluffy and light.
Why do I beat dry and wet ingredients in a spate bowl?
It will prevent your mixture from over-mixing because if the mixture gets beaten too much bread will become a little hard dense.
How to serve pumpkin banana bread?
-Serve it as a morning or evening snack with one of your favorite beverages.
-Drool it with honey or maple syrup to make it more exciting.
– Pour melted chocolate syrup and make it a kid’s favorite.
Leave a Reply