Cakes are like a stress buster on a hectic day, no matter how old you are, you just can’t say no to a cake. People have different choices and tastes in cake flavors, but cheesecake is adored by all. It holds a special place in everybody’s cheat day list. Here we bring you the recipe for chocolate cheesecake oreo that is a non-bake. Sounds odd, right? But it is deliciously delicious.
It’s no ordinary cheesecake, it is made with the crust of Oreo cookies, which makes it the best ever oreo-based chocolate cheesecake. It is made with the filling of heavy whipped cream and milk chocolate which just melts in your mouth. All this can be done within the span of a maximum of 15 minutes and, TADA! Your cheesecake is ready to be served with the decoration of hazelnut sprinkles.
This sweet and tempting chocolate cheesecake oreo can be king of desserts at your parties, with the showers of melted chocolate, which can attract someone who isn’t even a fan of chocolate.
Chocolate Cheesecake- (No Bake)
For the Oreo cookie crust:
- 36(398g) Oreo cookies with filling (crushed to crumbs)
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 120g butter (melted)
For the Chocolate Filling 1:
- 3 cups cream cheese (678g)
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 1tbsp vanilla extract or 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups sweet chocolate-melted (360g)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240ml)
For the chocolate Filling 2:
- 104g milk chocolate
- 120ml heavy whipping cream
- The first step for this cheesecake is to make the crust.
- In a food processor add the Oreo cookies and crushed them to crumbs. Then In a large bowl mix Oreo crumbs, cacao powder, and melted butter. Stir well and set aside.
- Line a 26 cm spring form pan with parchment paper. Transfer the Oreo mixture into the pan and press the crumbs into the bottom. Put it into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In a food processor or mixer beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar and cacao and stir well until the ingredients combine. Then add vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or the microwave. If you have selected a microwave, turn the knob for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes. I prefer to melt the chocolate in a water bath. Put a pot of water on the stove (half full of water) and place the bowl of chocolate on top. Wait for the water to boil, stir in the chocolate in the meantime and wait until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir until smooth. In a medium-size bowl add the heavy cream and with a mixer stir well. Add heavy whipping cream and stir until soft peaks.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread evenly. Place into the refrigerator. Now is the time to make the final step.
- Chopped the chocolate into small pieces. Transfer into a large bowl. In a small saucepan add the heavy whipping cream and bring to simmer for a few minutes (2-3 minutes) or until the cream is warm. Then pour over the chocolate and let it sit for 1- 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 3-4 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and pour the resulting mixture over the cheesecake.
- Chill into the refrigerator for 5+ hours.
- Crush the hazelnuts in bulk and sprinkle over the cheesecake. Grate pieces of chocolate and sprinkle on cheesecake again.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use creame cheese at room-temperetaure. Leave cream out the whole night or zap it for 20 seconds in the microwave at half power, Because too firm cream cheese will not make the batter smooth.
Prepare the lower crust first
As a first step, always prepare crust first, and freeze it in the freezer until you are preparing another filling. This will help in preventing the crust from breaking while spreading the filling over it.
Beat ingredients well
Beat sugar, cacao powder, and cream cheese completely until it becomes perfectly smooth.
Don’t be scared if you found your cheesecake underdone, freeze it for extra 2 hours. It will be ready to serve.
Store it in the refrigerator by wrapping
Place cheesecake into an air-tight container and then wrap the container well with a plastic sheet or aluminum foil. In this way, you can store it for a maximum of 7 days.
Can the chocolate Cheesecake oreo be frozen?
Cheesecakes are best consumed when they are refrigerated. However, yes they can be frozen. Allow them to thaw before consuming.
Allow the melted chocolate to cool down a bit
Let chocolate cool down a bit prior to adding chocolate to the batter to prevent it from hardening. It needs to be in melted consistency but in a warm state while adding to the batter.
Grease edges of springform pan
Lightly grease the edges of the pan by spraying cooking oil to resist the crust of the cheesecake from sticking.
Toppings at the time of serving
Top your cheesecake with your favorite topping at the time of serving for giving a fresh taste.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does chocolate cheesecake oreo taste like?
Chocolate cheesecake gives a perfectly balanced taste of sweet and tangy cream cheese. It is soft, airy, and moist in taste enhanced with chocolaty digestive biscuits.
How long a cheesecake can be stored?
Cheesecake can be stored for a week in the refrigerator if covered properly with a plastic sheet or placed in an air-tight plastic container.
How to remove cheesecake from the pan?
Freeze cheesecake for a minimum of 6-7 hours so that it become nicely firm. Slowly open the springform pan and remove it from the sides of the cake. Then run a sharp knife carefully along the bottom of the cake and tilt it slightly to slide the cake on a serving cake stand or plate.
*Always use parchment paper at the bottom of your pan before setting crust over it so the cake comes out of the bottom easily.
What to do if cheesecake got cracks after freezing?
If your cheesecake got cracks, hide them by being getting little creative. Decorate it with favorite berries, whipped cream, chocolate chips, dry nuts, or colorful sprinkles.
How to wrap cheesecake at the time of storing it?
While wrapping cheesecake, hold a small paper towel and kept it under a plastic or foil sheet.