Brownie pops are the best dessert for your weekends. It is one of the most popular snacks at a kids’ birthday party too. Kids love to eat brownie pops due to their attractive presentation and unique taste. It works as a good dessert at the end of your party or you can surely have them on your cheat days.
The fudgy and chocolate-loaded brownie pops just melt in your mouth in seconds. Most people place an order to the best bakeries in the town but it’s all waste of money; you can make brownie pops better than any bakery at your home easily. Yes you heard it right, brownie pops at home, and you just need an oven and few ingredients to make it, that too without a mold.
There are several plus points while making it at home; you can amplify it according to your choice and lower its calorie count by replacing caster with brown sugar. You can top these brownies as per your family’s choice. Shower your love on your loved ones with these heart-shaped cookies and make them feel special.
- 3″ heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 2 small sandwich baggies
- Kitchen scissors
- 4 large eggs
- 75 g butter, melted
- 200 g caster sugar
- 90 g muscovite sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 75g chocolate 50% or 70% cacao (of your choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 30 minutes; if it comes out clean the brownies are done.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Use the heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the heart-shaped brownies.
- Gently insert a lollipop stick into the base of each brownie place it on the baking sheet.
- Pour 5 oz of each Wilton candy-colors melts into separate microwave-safe bowls.
- Place each bowl in the microwave one at a time – heating for30-second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. Let cool a few minutes.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into 1 sandwich baggy.
- Snip the corners of the baggies and gently squeeze the melted chocolate from each baggy onto the brownies in a zigzag pattern.
TIPS AND TRICKS
CRACK-FREE CHOCOLATE COATING
To make the chocolate coating of your brownie pops crack-free; pour melted chocolate on brownies once they are at room temperature. A moderate cool temperature is best for topping brownies with melted chocolate.
If you are a fan of melted chocolate then you can serve brownie pops immediately. But, if you want to give a bite to the crunchy layer of chocolate coating then put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes at least.
You can store brownies into an air-tight container for a week in a refrigerator and at the time of serving, coat them with melted sugar.
If you don’t like melted dark chocolate, you can also opt out for melted white chocolate.
To add a little crunch, mix crushed dry nuts into batter. You can also mix nuts with melted sugar to make an amalgamated topping of nuts and chocolate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cut brownies without a cookie cutter?
You can also cut by using a knife or you can also scoop out brownie balls with the help of a spoon of ice-cream scoop.
How to decorate cookies for a kid’s party?
You can decorate brownies with colored sugar, colorful sprinkles, chocolate chips, crushed chocolate, colorful chocolate candies, white frosting, or creamy glaze. It can be anything of your choice.
How to make melted chocolate without chocolate bars?
You can use chocolate chips, some chocolate candies, or cocoa powder for making the topping of melted chocolate.
Can we combine fruits with brownies?
Yes, you can crush frozen cranberries or blueberries into tiny pieces and mix them into the batter or top the brownies with slices of strawberries or pomegranate along with melted chocolate.
How to prevent brownies from falling off the stick?
Don’t cut brownies into large sized-shapes. Always try to use small-sized brownie cutters, otherwise, brownies will be pretty heavy and fall off the stick while holding upside.