Ever craved pie and cake at the same place and couldn’t find one? No worries, we are here to serve with our delicious and easiest recipe of Boston Cream Poke Cake. It is a buttery cake in shoes of pie with delicious chocolate frosting. We bring you the easiest recipe for making Boston Cream Poke Cake in just 45 to 50 minutes which will settle down everyone’s cravings in the house.
It requires cake mix and vanilla pudding mix with eggs oil and an adequate amount of water and milk. This one recipe is enough to feed 12-15 people and collect praises from them on your homemade cake. It’s time to flex your baking skills with Boston Cream Poke Cake. It is proven to be everyone’s favorite in celebrations. A spoonful of cake can make someone droll over it. The cake is then given a finishing touch by decorating it with sprinkling choco-chip granules which bring crisp to the spongy cake. This cake cum pie is the best dessert for surprising someone on their special days or giving a sweet treat to someone. So what’s holding you back in baking this delicious cake? Take your passion for baking to a new level with this recipe of ours.
Boston Cream Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix + ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil, water)
- 2 (3.4oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Poke holes all over the cooled cake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding and milk. Don't let it thicken. Pour the pudding over the cake in an even layer until each hole has been filled.
- Place the cake into the fridge and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- For the chocolate glaze, place the chocolate chips and butter in a heatproof bowl. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the cream until hot.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 1-2 minutes to melt. Stir well until smooth. Let the glaze cool slightly.
- Spread the chocolate glaze evenly over the cake. Smooth with a spatula.
- Put the cake into the fridge to fully cool and set up for at least 3hours or overnight.
TIPS and TRICKS
Poke Small Holes in the warm cake.
– Make small holes in the slightly warm cake, because once it cools, the crust will easily crumble from the top.
Poke holes perfectly.
– Don’t miss any top crust area of the cake while poking holes into it. Try to poke as many holes as you can to make it creamier.
Tap the cake pan to avoid air bubbles.
– While pouring cream over the holes, gently tap the cake pan to the table to avoid air bubbles. Make sure cream fills perfectly in every hole.
Don’t let the pudding cool down.
– Don’t let the pudding cool down before pouring, otherwise, it will become thick.
Refrigerate the cake
– Refrigerate the cake overnight to make it tastes better.
Additions and Substitutes
– Chocolate chips- Top the cake with dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips as per your preferences to add chocolaty crunch to your cake.
– White Cake Mix– You can use a white cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix box.
– Vanilla Extract – To give vanilla flavor to your cake, add vanilla extract to it. You can also toss your cake with butterscotch or any other flavorful extract.
– Dry Nuts– Add powdered nuts to the batter or you may also top your cake with your favorite nuts along with melted chocolates.
– Dried Fruits– To give a burst of fruits to your cake, add dried cranberries or blueberries to the batter before baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW TO STORE THIS CAKE?
– You can refrigerate this creamy poked cake in some air-tight container for up to 7 days.
– You can freeze this cake for up to two-three months in a completely sealed container.
– Thaw the frozen cake in the refrigerator before serving.
HOW TO POKE HOLES IN THIS CAKE?
You may use some rounded wooden slim stick or a slim spoon handle to poke perfect-sized holes.
CAN I BAKE BOSTON CREAM POKE CAKE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can surely bake this cake a day in advance, as it requires to be refrigerated for the whole night before serving. So, it will be the best option to bake cake one or two days before.
WHAT DOES IT CALL POKE CAKE?
It is called poke cake because it is being poked to add creamy liquid to every bite of this cake. It results in extra moisture and delicates cake for your evening parties.
CAN I USE ANY CAKE MIXTURE?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix as per your taste or availability in the grocery store. You can try chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch, blueberry, or any of your choice.