Cookies are the favorite go-to snack for everyone. Anyone who enjoys baking, baking cookies must count as their hobby. Cookies are never tough to make and satisfies taste buds in the easiest way possible. Today we bring you the recipe for applesauce cookies with glaze. Yes, applesauce cookies might sound like a twisted plot. But, they are so easy to make and will surely fulfill all your cravings. The glazed topping with the hint of cinnamon flavors is something to surely give a try.
Usually, we pay enormous amounts of money to bakeries for these go-to snacks. But, applesauce cookies with glaze are so easily be made at home. With our recipe, you can make delectate cookies in just 25 minutes. Sounds easy, isn’t it? You can include apple sauce cookies with glaze in your morning tea or coffee time. This will make your day more refreshing. To make the cookies healthier, one can use brown sugar while making cookies. The glazed topping of cookies made with milk and sugar makes the cookies attractive and irresistible. Extra sweetness can make anyone’s day, what more someone wants than starting their day with cookies made with healthy apple sauce and cinnamon? Follow our recipe to give a sweet treat to your taste buds.
Applesauce cookies with glaze
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, large
- 6 tablespoons vegetable/canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in rolled oats.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, egg, vanilla, and applesauce until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and chill for 30minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12minutes until lightly browned. Allow cooling to room temperature before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk the ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle the glaze with a fork over the cooled cookies.
Tips and Tricks
– STICKY DOUGH
The dough of applesauce cookies is stickier than other dough recipes, so keep this in mind while kneading it.
Once you are done with the mixing up of your dough, let it cool down for at least 10 minutes. Otherwise, it will not spread perfectly.
– SCOOP THE COOKIES
The dough will be a little stickier, so scoop out the cookies to give them a round shape.
– CHOCOLATE TWIST
To add a chocolate twist to your applesauce cookies, top them with chocolate chips or melted chocolate syrup.
– CRUNCH OF NUTS
If you are a fan of dry nuts, then top your batter with ground nuts before baking. It will add crunch to every bite and doubles the taste of cookies.
Honey is the classic and finger-licking combination for this oatmeal-based recipe. To make your cookies more wholesome, add honey to sweeten your cookies instead of sugar.
– CARAMEL TOPPING
You can give these cookies a unique treatment of caramel. To make it more happening, after topping your cookies with caramel, top them with pecans or butterscotch chips. Your cookies will taste better than any bakery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW TO STORE THESE COOKIES?
These cookies are easy to store. They remain moist and fresh in a container. Here are some tips to store your applesauce cookies-
– Store the iced cookies at room temperature for up to five days. If cookies are becoming moist, lose the cover or tin of the container.
– Un-glazed cookies can be stored for a maximum of three months.
– To prevent moisture, you may add one or two loaves of bread to the container. Bread will absorb the moisture and air inside the container.
WHY BAKE COOKIES WITH APPLESAUCE?
Because, adding fruit puree will give a moist, rich and juicy texture to your cake. It is also one of the perfect substitutes for oil or butter in baking cakes or other recipes. It also helps in reduce calories from the recipe.
WHY CHILLING TIME IS IMPORTANT BEFORE BAKING?
This step is very important because the whole grains used in this recipe need some time to absorb the liquids just before baking.
CAN I USE ANY OTHER GLAZE TO TOP THESE COOKIES?
Yes, you can use any glaze of your choice. Try maple syrup or melted chocolate or even top it with cream cheese frosting.
Leave a Reply